As promised, here’s the recipe I use to make turkey meatballs. This recipe is from The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper, and it is SO good. I have some of these in my freezer at all times to throw together for a quick meal. You can put them in soup, pair with whole wheat spaghetti and low sodium spaghetti sauce, throw on a whole wheat hoagie for a meatball sub, etc. So, here’s the recipe below. Give them a try! (I do often substitute the fresh garlic and fresh parsley for the dried stuff, and they still turn out great.)
- 1 lb. Lean ground turkey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- Olive oil spray
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a large mixing bowl and shape into 1-inch balls. The recipe should yield about 30 meatballs.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with olive oil.
- Cook the meatballs for 5-6 minutes, occasionally turning them to brown all sides.